2011年2月4日 星期五

The Admissions Interview


文章日期:2011-02-03 17:29
Your admissions interview is your opportunity to tell us who you are in ways that a written application cannot. Knowing what to expect will allow you to relax and successfully showcase your skills and personality in person. Below are tips for a successful interview directly from the Admissions Committee.
Being prepared is the best way to feel confident and get the most from your Booth interview. Your interviewer wants to understand your strengths and development areas, but they also want to learn about you as a person and how you can contribute to the Booth culture.
To prepare for your interview, review your application thoroughly. You should know how you will want to share your story, you unique goals and your career plan. You should be able to talk about where you've been and where you want to go. If your goals and motivations are clear, you can expect an engaging conversation with lots of good questions by the interviewer.



Ask yourself these important questions before your meeting:
• Can I clearly articulate my career plan and future goals?
• What do I really want from my MBA experience?
• What is my motivation to obtain an MBA?
• Why is Chicago Booth the right place for me?
• How do I plan to use my MBA in my career?
• What can I bring to the Booth community?
• Where do I see myself in 5, 10, 15 years?
You should also know what it is that you want to discover about the Booth during your meeting. Have a few questions ready to ask your interviewer about the things that are most important to you and your MBA experience. Getting answers to your questions is an equally important part of any business school interview.

Make sure you look and feel your best. Arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment so that you can take a few moments to relax and collect your thoughts. Don't forget to bring a copy of your resume. Also, be sure to dress for success - business attire is considered the most appropriate.
When it is time for your interview, we want you to feel relaxed and ready to let your personality shine. On behalf of the Admissions staff, good luck!